Friday, February 16, 2018

Moments and Musings


Galatians 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

I'm uncertain as to whether or not my regular readers here at Meditations of My heart are aware that I have a second blog, Moments and Musings.  I begin this space years ago as a way to feature Danny's photos and share random ruminations that didn't quite fit the format of Meditations.  But more recently, Moments and Musings has been a venue for poetry.

Now I'll be the first to tell you, poetry does not come easily for me, and I have no illusions that I'm in any way good at it.  But there are times when the words well up, and I know I have to answer the call.

So what I offer here today is something much more conducive to Moments and Musings, but in light of all the challenges my husband, Danny, and I are facing on the home front, this is the blog I was able to pull together.
~

Our world is hurting.  The Bible has so much to say about our sinfulness.  We have been given the greatest gift possible in Christ Jesus, yet so many choose to alienate themselves from the way, the truth and the life promised us in the Savior.  If you are like me, there are times I think the world at large has lost its collective mind.  This poem attempts to capture the lessons and the loss, when every opportunity is given, yet people remain fixated upon their own vision of right and wrong.


A Bitten Apple

A bitten apple
A snake bite
Strike discord
Separation
From the One
whose heart loves
A parted sea
A people saved
Grumbling chorus
Inept idols
Still He loves
Wilderness voices
Calling, coaxing
Cautioning, cajoling
Criticizing cries
Yet He loves
Gentle teaching
Healing words
Miracles witnessed
Then the cross
Because He loves
Rotten apples
Viper's venom
Infiltrating
Inundating
People lost
And still, He loves
And still, He loves

Amen

20 comments:

  1. Amen exactly...He loves us so much. This is amazing...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you are a wonderful poet. I thoroughly enjoyed this poem. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nells! And I thoroughly enjoyed your latest offering - loved the image of God taking the tangles and weaving them into braids. Stellar! And so true to how He works in our lives.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, still He loves...yes He does! Thank you for this...so perfect for this week. What a week this has been. I guess I need to check out your other blog. I didn't realize you had another. It's all I can do to keep up with one...don't think I could manage another. Praying for you and your family. May God continue to give you grace and strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela, for your genuine love and support. This second blog is not often used, but I simply wanted to make my loyal followers aware of its presence that they might subscribe.
      Oh, this has been such a week of sadness and distress. God's comfort is needed more than ever for the families and friends who have lost precious loved ones. It is only through God's strength and grace that we can possibly deal with the tragedy. May He surround all the families and their friends with comfort and mercy.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  4. For one who struggles with poetry, you pulled it off nicely. :) It's not been my thing either unless I'm writing fun poems with my grandson. Appreciate you sharing your talent and your heart with us. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Sometimes, poetry just happens, and I'm so gratified to hear that this is an exercise you are able to do with your grandson. What better legacy could you leave? Encouraging them to love reading and writing should never be underestimated!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  5. And still he loves. That is enough for me to know. And no, I didn't know you had another blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you do, Bill! And yes, it's enough for me to know, too, my friend.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  6. Martha, Thank you for sharing this here--without God we really are lost. And yes, God loves us so very much and desires nothing more than a relationship with us. Our nation needs God far more than anything or anyone else!

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I agree that our nation truly needs repentance and revival. Worldly culture infiltrates at almost every level. May we pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 daily!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  7. Martha, I like your poem. And yes, it seems that the world out there has gone mad and sometimes I think no one is thinking straight any more.

    But let us look at another perspective. God is not hiding behind the sofa crying "Woe woe ... it has all gone wrong!" He is still in control. Despite what happens.

    And speaking of poetry. I remember another poem by Rudyard Kipling entitled "If". It goes like this:

    If you can keep your head
    When all around you
    Are losing theirs
    And blaming it on you

    You'll be the only one needing a haircut.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Victor, for injecting such great humor into all of this. Yes, God is large and in charge, and very much in control. We need to trust in Him and His forever love for us.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  8. And He still loves! Oh, how our world needs to receive and believe this truth! Thank you, Martha! You always bless me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so, so glad this blessed you today, Deb! It's an honor.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  9. Yet He loves, my favorite line in the poem. You are woman of many talents, we are blessed that you will share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words here, Betty. I must say, I'm partial to that line, too.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...