Thursday, April 27, 2017

Pray!


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

My friends, I'm not sure when I will share a new post here at Meditations of My Heart after this one.  The day this is published is the day my husband, Danny, undergoes surgery to remove his pacemaker because of infection.  The doctors will have to give him an external device until he is completely healed, and they can then give him a permanent pacemaker, so he will likely be in the hospital most of this coming week.

What we need at this time is prayer.  Lots of it!  Prayers have already been pouring in, and both Danny and I have felt the comfort and peace of God through the intercession of others on our behalf.  

But we know we need continued prayers to see us through the coming week and you, my dear friends, are exactly the right ones to do this!  Oh, and please feel free to share our needs on your church prayer chain or Bible study group, and share my blog to your Facebook feed.  Any word, breathed in prayer, is a blessing to those being prayed for.

We don't understand all that is happening and cannot fathom the "why" of it all.  It isn't a circumstance that immediately elicits a urge to be thankful, yet we are called to be thankful in all things.  To rejoice always.  To pray without ceasing.

Because Christ Jesus is our Savior, the One who laid down His life for our transgressions, and was raised to life that we might live eternally, and forgiven, with Him; that is reason enough for us to be glad and grateful to God no matter where we find ourselves.  It is why we have hope even on the bleakest of days and under the most crushing of circumstances.

Know that Danny and I thank each and every one of you for your love and your prayers.  If you leave a comment below, it might take a day or two for me to respond, but rest assured, I will get to all of them.

May God's peace reign in your hearts, and may His blessings continue to flow in your lives, dear ones!  You are all precious children of God!





19 comments:

  1. Oh dear Martha, please rest assured of our prayers on yours and Danny's behalf, praying for the doctors and all who will attend him. Praying that God will direct every step of this procedure and that He will bring divine healing to Danny's body. We know God is able, and we will trust Him and place Danny into His all knowing, all loving hands. And Martha, He will be with you all the time of this ordeal. He will keep you safe and strong and give you peace. In Jesus' Name we pray these petitions on your behalf. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply the perfect prayer and message to greet me this morning, dear Pamela - thank you with all my heart! I know God will provide and rescue, and prayers like yours make all the difference.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  2. Martha, Know that you and Danny are in my prayers. In fact, shortly after I woke up this morning, the Lord brought you both to mind so I prayed then and there. I've shared your blog post and request on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. At some point, I'll be getting it submitted my church's prayer chain.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kim, that means so much! Thank you for praying and sharing, dear one!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  3. Martha, so sorry to hear of the difficulties. Joining with you in prayer. Healing and wholeness to Danny and I speak divine peace to any fear. Understanding the "why" in the midst of such hardship is difficult, but I know you'll lean into Him. He's surrounding you with His love and compassion. I'll keep praying, Martha. Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, Jason! With all the positive, loving prayers, both Danny and I felt surrounded by God's peace and comfort today. He came through the surgery today with flying colors - now we wait for healing and the permanent pacemaker.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  4. It's so hard to understand why things happen. My husband and I sometimes remind each other that we don't need to understand, we just need to hold His hand. It's easier said than done though, isn't it? Perhaps by the time you read this, Danny will be out of the surgery. I pray the infection will heal quickly, and he'll soon be able to have a permanent pacemaker. May God give both of you strength and peace through this trying time! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Trudy, we do have to remember it's not important to know why as much as it is to cling to the hand of our Savior. We have been doing just that!
      Danny came through the surgery just fine, thank the Lord, and now we wait for healing before the next surgery. All the prayers you can pray will be so much appreciated!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  5. I've had you both in my prayers all day, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beckie, that means the world to me, and Danny, too! We are feeling the power of prayer more than ever in our lives, and it has brought such peace and comfort to us at the very time we need it. Keep on praying! We aren't off this road yet.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  6. I will most definitely add you and Danny to my daily prayer time. It never ceases to amaze me how God brings hearts together of people whom we have never met in person but only in cyberland. Praying for you both now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed by that fact, too, Bill, and have felt so blessed and comforted by seeing the validation of others praying for us here at this blog and on Facebook (I know that's not your venue, but just wow! The outpouring is fantastic!). Thank you for daily prayers as we are facing another surgery for Danny in the near future. I will keep folks posted on this blog when we know more.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  7. Encouraging prayer for you guys up over at my site today, friend ...

    Praying right now, even as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had your husband and you on my mind Martha, and have been praying for you both! It is so scary to face these kinds of health challenges, especially when it is your heart! However, I have always said that it takes an impossibility to have a miracle, and I believe the Lord will undertake, and touch your husband in a miraculous way, and will believe and pray with you for that! No matter what we go through, the Lord is faithful to be with us through it all. Keeping you in my prayers dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, please forgive me for taking so long to get back to you, but this has been one doozy of a roller coaster ride all this week.
      God did provide us with a miracle, considering Danny's endangered health. He had two operations within a week, and is now home with strong antibiotics that I have to administer intravenously, and we are grateful to our Healer and Comforter in ways we never imagined possible. God is faithful, good and merciful always! Thank you so much for your prayers!!!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  9. Health issues can be so scary and tiring. It can wear on you physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
    I'm praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the prayers, TC! Danny is home and doing so very much better, praise God!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  10. I've read all your superbly written blogs in this series, Martha. A harrowing tale - but a tale of unending faith! Thanks for sharing this incident in the lives of you and Danny.

    ReplyDelete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...