Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Inviting You to "Uninvited"


Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Back in March of this year, I have the honor and privilege of reading and reviewing Beckie Lindsey's first book, Secrets, in her Beauties from Ashes series.  You can read that post here.  So when Beckie announces the release of Book Two, Uninvited, in this amazing series, I can't wait to get my hands and my eyeballs on it!  My original intention is to read it slowly and simply savor each meaningful and thoughtfully crafted word Beckie writes as I reacquaint myself with her endearing and enduring characters.

Epic fail!

I can't put it down!!!  I'm instantly drawn back into the tumultuous and struggling lives of the four female protagonists, Mackenzie, Krystal, Tammi, and Sadie, as they attempt to face and overcome their individual demons of suicide, bulimia, and sexual abuse.  No, certainly not topics for dinner conversations, but definitely ills of our society, ills that leave victims feeling confused, unsure and unworthy of love.  God's love.

I, for one, am glad that Beckie has the fortitude to breach these issues, to bring them to light in such an empathetic and personal way through her characters, and to champion the power of Jesus to change hearts and transform lives.  Yes, some of the girls continue to wrestle with the concept of God's unconditional love, but don't we all at some point on our Christian journey?

And then there is the added dimension of the spiritual forces of evil wrangling for the hearts, minds and souls of these girls, determined to win them away from the only One who can save them.  As each girl strives to understand and to rely on the promises of God, the demons work even harder to squash their new-found freedoms and self-awareness.  Uninvited guests, to be sure.  Yet, the angels of light continue to counteract Satan's efforts, knowing their charges embody the potential to strengthen and promote God's kingdom in this world.

With Christmas right around the corner, now would be a most excellent time to order both Secrets and Uninvited for both yourself and that special young adult in your life.  You will love these novels as much as I do, and you will be inspired, guaranteed!

~
Meet Beckie Lindsey

Beckie is a wife and mother of three adult children and two adorable cats.  She is thoroughly content with a piece of dark chocolate, a cup of coffee, and a great book.  She loves to encourage others to not only know the truths of the Bible, but to experience them personally and practically in everyday life.  In addition to being an author and blogger, Beckie is the editor for SoCal Christian Voice.  You can connect with Beckie at her websiteTwitterInstagram, and Facebook

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read Martha. But is it for males?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bill, guys can read this, too. There is a main male character, Bryce, that should hold a boy's attention. I just didn't mention him in the review as he's somewhat outnumbered, but he is a pivotal character nonetheless.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, always, for the good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Terri! Beckie is an awesome writer, and I can't recommend her too highly.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  3. Martha, thank you for your beautifully written review. I appreciate your continued support. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Beckie! It was my pleasure, indeed, and I do hope many folks will buy your wonderful novels. They'll sure miss out if they don't!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  4. Martha, this book and series sound amazing. There are simply far too many books and far too little time! :)

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I hear you about your reading list, believe me! I do think this series would be great to carry in your church if they have a lending library there, as we do here. I'm going to recommend that our church carry and promote Beckie's series.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for reviewing this book, Martha. I admire Beckie for addressing these important issues. There are so many hurting souls who need validation and support. Thank you, Beckie! I'd love to read these books, but I just checked our library, and they don't have them. I'll have to put them on my ever-growing wishlist. Love and hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Trudy, I certainly can identify with the growing wish list of books. Just make sure you read Secrets first in the series - everything will fall into place after that. As I mentioned to Kim in the previous comment, perhaps your church could order copies for their library is they have one. I plan on donating several sets of my novels to my church library soon, as the original donations have somehow "disappeared." Things happen like that . . .
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  6. What a thought-provoking review! Already I've one someone in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra, just make sure the person you have in mind reads "Secrets" first as that will set them up perfectly for the sequel. Glad this review inspired you to order Beckie's amazing books!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good book. Thank you Martha for your review.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is, Victor. Glad you enjoyed the review!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  8. You should be in marketing! Great review! Thank you for the rec, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Lulu! If I were in marketing, I think my own books would be selling lots better. Glad you liked the review, my friend.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing this book review. I have thought about her books for my niece, but still not sure. I guess I need to get them and read them first. Thank you for this reminder. It is something I had put on the back burner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pamela, do get them for yourself and see what you think. If you decide they aren't right for your niece, you could always give them to someone at church.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...