Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Won't You Please, Please Help Me!

Matthew 15:25
But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me."

Lord, help me.

Three little words that acknowledge so much.

Three little words that have been constantly on my lips these past several weeks.

Three little words we cannot live without.

Lord, help me.

When we say "Lord", we declare Jesus as the Lord of our lives and Lord of all creation. In asking for His help, we confirm our faith in Him and His ability to aid us times of trouble or weakness. "Me" affirms that, no matter how small I think I am in God's vast universe, He cares for me, enough to die for my sins, enough to promise everlasting life in Him.

Lord, help me.

Because Satan is having a heyday. My family has been rocked and rattled by serious issues recently. My patience is tried. I lack focus. My writing suffers. In creep those dark, distressing thoughts where happiness once lived.

I need you, Lord! How I need You! I cry out to You! You are the only One who can help me. I pray - over and over and over . . .

Lord, help me.

Jesus is walking with me each and every day. He is here to help. He wants to help. I simply need to turn around . . .

And, see His loving arms reaching for me, gathering me up, holding me close. My heart calms, my breathing slows as I surrender to His touch, His warmth.

I become as a little child. His child.

Jesus never fails to help me.

When was the last time you sought the Lord for His help?

Let us pray:
Lord Jesus, thank you for helping me always when I ask and even when I don't. Thank you for being the Lord of my life and ever present in times of trouble. When I hurt and need your help, let me become as a little child climbing onto her Daddy's lap, to feel the comfort of Your embrace. In all that I think, say, or do today, Lord, help me!


I am thankful for all of you who read my daily devotions!


Readings
Psalms 78:1-39 or 78:40-72
Nehemiah 9:26-38
Revelation 18:9-20
Matthew 15:21-28


17 comments:

  1. I usually don't ask for help but instead offer thanks for blessings showered upon me and my family. When I do reach out with open arms it's when medical and emotional issues have overwhelmed me ie after the passing of Erin or the illness of a family member. We all need help from time to time but too often folks are proud and refuse to kneel on bended knee. Blessings to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha: Holding you in my heart! XOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I'm praying for you and your family. This prayer was so tender...I'm so thankful we have a God who hears, feels, and moves on our behalf.
    <3 Leah <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, each and every one of us need help throughout our day, especially when life events become overwhelming. Sometimes, answers are given and we fail to see or hear them because it is not what we are looking for. We often have a 'pre-planned' answer that we are looking, or hoping for, and when the answer is different than our expectation, we miss it. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha...life rarely stays on a steady course. Often our boats are knocked around by the unsteady currents of the river we all try to amble down. So sorry about your situations right now...I will be praying for you and your family, that God will lead you to calmer waters, refresh and renew all of you and cover you with His peace and protection.
    ~love and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something we all face sometime or the other in life...If you can't solve it, it isn't a problem - it's reality. And sometimes reality is the hardest thing to understand and the thing that takes the longest to realize. But once it hits you in the face you'll never forget it. It will always be there in your memories and sometimes that is the best way to look at it.....Take care...Loving u always...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have these feelings from time to time so know that we can relate, while also making a point to lift you up in a special way. The harder you work for the Kingdom the more you're a threat to Satan so expect some "junk;" remember that our God is not the God of confusion. When I'm discouraged or frustrated I know that gives Satan a lot of pleasure and when I think of that it changes everything. I'm not about to make that "dude" happy! :) Praying for your peace, joy, clarity and reassurance.
    Blessings,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to all for your beautiful words of encouragement and love! I wrote this post a little over a week ago; that's just where I was at the time, where we all are from time to time, but doing much better now.
    @David - I'm usually in the "thanking for blessings" mode. I just really needed His help and He came to the rescue.
    @Linda - thank you so much! :)
    @Leah - prayers are so appreciated! Thank you!
    @Mary - You are so right about the "answers" and not always seeing them because of pre-set expectations. Sometimes, it's in the looking back we suddenly have 20/20 vision. Thanks for the prayers!
    @Jessica - Yes, the storms of life are inevitable. Thank you for your prayers!
    @Alpana - It IS difficult to stare in the eyes of reality, but, you are right - we must do this. I like what you said: "If you can't solve it, it isn't a problem." I will remember that! Thanks for the love!
    @Nina - Yes, I really felt under attack and I don't want to give the devil one millisecond of satisfaction. The Lord really lifted me as I wrote this piece and answered my call. He is so good, all the time! Thank you for your prayers!

    Blessings to everyone! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you and your family Martha! May you find that God guides and helps you through the turmoil that you are currently going through. May He bless and protect you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :-) XOXO always an inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post... well done for being SO honest and for crying out to Christ and recognising He will help you. Hold on in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. though I reveal my lack of faith here often..I want you to know that I am praying for you and along with Jesus i am hugging you from afar....as always....XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Nelieta, Janu, Mike, and Bonnie, for stopping by today! So appreciated!
    @Nelieta - Thanks so much for your prayers! We were going through quite a lot at the time I wrote this; things are less rocky now.
    @Janu - Thanks so much for the compliment! :)
    @Mike - I'm hanging in there! So glad I can feel His arms around me . . .
    @Bonnie - I feel the hugs! And, thanks, too, for the prayers!

    Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When is the last time I sought the Lord's help? Today. Everyday. Every minute. No kidding. All the time. It's called absolute trust.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Debra, YES!

    Great to see you here as always!

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Martha, I'm so sorry to hear you are going through hard times. He is definitely there to hold you, but remember, he also never gies you trials you aren't strong enough to handle. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm pretty sure I ask God for help every day. Ours is a longtime intimate relationship so I rely on Him and His guidance for many things. I agree with Debra completely!

    ReplyDelete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...