Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." ~Mark 6:31
Oh, what a joyful and celebratory week we spend with daughter, Sarah, her husband, John, and our three beautiful granddaughters, Virginia, Savannah and Alexandra! They arrive here on Saturday, June 30th, and depart a week later. We wish the visit could be longer, but we make the most of the time we have and treasure every moment.
Because we have limited space at our house, we book a hotel room for John and Sarah; Alexandra, being the youngest, decides she would rather stay with her parents than with Gammie and Papa, but that's okay. Virginia and Savannah are in full summer mode, sleeping in until mid-morning, which gives me more quiet time than I could have imagined possible. When their parents, their sister and the family dog, Finn, come over each day, they are all ready to indulge in the thoughtfully planned lunch that Danny prepares for all of us.
Our dinners, too, are designed for deliciousness. I can't believe I never snapped a photo of Danny in the kitchen, but take my word for it - no one goes hungry at the Orlando Cafe!
Conversations abound as do our many games of backgammon played each day. Even Alexandra is learning how to play and is doing quite well.
Although, she definitely has her moments of silliness!
Perhaps you are wondering about the birthday balloons featured in the header photos. That's to honor Savannah's birthday in April and Virginia's and Alexandra's in July. Since we can't be there in person, Papa and I decide to recognize their special days while they are here with us. All three of them seem delighted by these unexpected gifts.
The girls are also thrilled by visit from their Uncle Daniel and Uncle Nicco, both of whom bring birthday gifts.
Virginia is elated with the pen/pencil set, sketch pad and the satchel to hold them all from Daniel.
Here's Nicco showing something to Virginia on Danny's computer.
Opening their gifts from him.
Most of all, we want Sarah and John to get some much-needed rest and relaxation. They both work so hard and truly deserve this break from the daily routine. They assure us that they are, indeed, feeling refreshed and renewed by week's end.
Our home, so recently full of the good-natured, boisterous chaos, is now oddly silent as I write this post on the day they leave for home. We miss all of them already and, as always, we wish they lived closer to us. Still, we are so grateful for any and all time God gives us to be together. He is the joyous source of every blessing.
Amen!




.jpg)





Beautiful photos, dear Martha. ❤️ It is great that you all had the blessing of sharing time together. Your photos will be wonderful memories of this visit. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you enjoyed this post, Linda. Yes, we made great memories together.
DeleteBlessings!
Glad you had a wonderful visit Martha. I imagine it was as much a balm for your weary souls as it was for John and Sarah.
ReplyDeleteYes, Bill, a grand time was had by all, but Danny was a bit whooped after preparing all those meals for everyone. He deserves a medal for his culinary success! It was such a joy to have everyone here with us.
DeleteBlessings!
Oh, what wonderful photos of a joyous time together with your precious family! I am SO happy for you to have had this time, but I know how terribly quiet it gets once they leave. Still, I am sure there are happy echos of laughter in your memory, and hopefully it won't be a real long time before you can be together again. The girls are sure growing up into lovely young ladies. They just grow up too quickly, don't they? Thank you for sharing your happy times with us. I am SO happy for you to have had this wonderful time together. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteWe are so grateful to have had this time together, too, Pamela. And yes, the girls are growing up way too quickly - Virginia will be 16 in July!!! How did that happen? Yes, these days spent together have made many special memories for us all. Thanks for your sweet comment here, my friend.
DeleteBlessings!
Time with family is so precious! Both our kids live in other states and we don’t see them often enough. Making the most of every moment we do have is vital—gotta get in all the hugs I can get! Glad you had such a nice visit and time of reconnecting!
ReplyDeleteTime with family is absolutely precious, Pam, and we did make the most of ours together as I know you do, too, whenever you can reunite with your kids. Every moment, as you say, is vital! I'm glad they all were able to enjoy their time with us.
DeleteBlessings!
So glad you had this wonderful family time together!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Christine! Yes, we made some precious memories.
DeleteBlessings!
There's nothing like a visit with grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteYou know it, Glynn! We truly had a wonderful time together.
DeleteBlessings!
It's so good to spend time with the family. I'm so pleased you all had a good time. It's been a while since I played backgammon. You brought back fond memories of childhood.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and your whole family.
I'm glad this post brought back fond childhood memories for you, Victor. Those are the best!
DeleteBlessings!
I’m so glad you had a wonderful week with family, Martha. That’s always such fun.
ReplyDeleteIt was an absolute blast, Diana! So many terrific memories made for all of us.
DeleteBlessings!
Oh Martha, I can understand how the house seems so quiet after such a vibrant week. It truly sounds like a wonderful week of visiting and being together as a family. The photos were great. Hopefully you won't have to wait so long to see them again.
ReplyDeleteI hope we don't have to wait too long to see them again, either, Debby. Sarah and I talked about the possibility of Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. Everything has to be planned ahead of time and coordinated with the girls' school schedule, so that does take a lot of thought. In the meantime, we'll treasure all the moments we had together.
DeleteBlessings!
Oh, what a fab week you enjoyed, Martha! Your g-girls are so beautiful -- but I seriously doubt I'd have recognized Savannah or Alexandra! Time is a thief!
ReplyDeleteI'm so grateful you're led to share these images with us!
They certainly do grow up fast, Myra, that's for sure, and they'll always be my beautiful girls no matter how old they get. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Virginia will be turning 16 in July of this year. That doesn't seem possible!
DeleteBlessings!
I know how you miss them since they moved so far away! A whole week with them for fun, love, and wonderful memories made!! That quiet when loved ones leave takes time to get used to again, I understand completely! Thanks for sharing your sweet family with us, Martha!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you enjoyed the family photos, Terri, and I know you definitely understand the quiet that descends once they depart. You've had so many visitors, family and friends, come to stay with you. Yes, such fun and excitement when they're with us, and an empty feeling when they head back home. Living far away from one another has been one of life's many adjustments we've had to make.
DeleteBlessings!
I can see you made the most of your time together. We too always look forward to those rare times when the whole family can be together. There's nothing better than a house full of happy banter and laughter!
ReplyDeleteThose are the best of times, aren't they, Nancy? Yes, we had so much fun being reunited, and Daniel and Sarah really loved looking through the old family photos that I'd organized for them. Here's to more happy times for both of us with family!
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde minha querida irmã Martha. Hoje fui numa Assembleia de Deus, que é uma das congregações, da Igreja onde eu sou Evangelista, preguei sobre o encontro do Senhor Jesus e da Mulher Samaritana. Fico muito feliz em saber, que sua família é bastante unida. Uma excelente tarde de terça-feira e uma grande abraço do seu irmão em Cristo Jesus, Evangelista João Luiz.
ReplyDeleteThat's great news, Luiz! Yes, we love our family and it's always a joyful time when we can get together.
DeleteBlessings!
I feel like I know your family too. I was thinking about you and your family this past week and if you were enjoying your time. Plus, Danny cooking. It was nice to see everyone. Is your daughter the one on the couch on the left - I was trying to get a field for who everyone was. Saw Danny's two boys too. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time - I know you were looking so forward to it. It went fast.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, Sandie, Danny needs an award for all the award-winning meals he dished up last week! My daughter is the one on the couch, son-in-law, John, is at the end of the other couch, Daniel is my son, and Nicco is Danny's youngest. You almost got them all correct - LOL! Our time did fly, but the memories will last forever.
DeleteBlessings!
It looks like y'all really know how to have fun! And what a great idea to celebrate the birthdays while you are all together. You have a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Ginny! Yes, family is so important to both Danny and me, so seeing the kids and grand-kids means the world to us. And we do have so much fun when we're together.
DeleteBlessings!
What a blessed time you all had together. How precious is that? The reunion, the fun, the food - oh, Danny's to-die-for food!!! Your home in the woods looks like the perfect place for a quiet, peaceful, spiritual retreat. No wonder you are always so filled with sacred wisdom. No wonder your cup overflows and you are so fruitful.
ReplyDeletePS. I can't believe how those girls have grown.
Love and blessings.
Oh, Debra, you are too kind in describing any sacred wisdom I might have - I thank God for all of it, but the environment in which we live certainly encourages my growth in that direction. Yes, Danny's meals are inspired and always amazing. I'm one fortunate woman and I know it! So do the kids. The girls have grown so much, I agree. It's so hard to believe that Virginia will be 16 in July.
DeleteBlessings!
What a beautiful family you have. It was blessing I'm sure to have them visit.💖💖💖
ReplyDeleteThank you, Regina! Yes, we enjoyed every moment we had together and we miss them so much.
DeleteBlessings!
Great photos of what sounds like a great time spent together
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo-Anne! Yes, we had an amazing, memorable week together.
DeleteBlessings!
Fun! Martha, the photos are priceless. And your description of the week's activities, family celebrating birthdays, and Danny cooking in the kitchen, all sound heart-warming. The girls are growing up! God bless.
ReplyDeleteIt was beyond fun, Karen, and what memories we made! I just watched your Friday's Forever video featuring the condo where you will soon be spending time with your precious family, too. I pray you all enjoy as celebratory a time as we did together. The grandchildren definitely grow up too fast, so enjoy every single moment you have together.
DeleteBlessings!
Well... you did it again, Martha, and of course, none of us expected any less than the wonderfully presented review of your special visit, complete with lots of photographic evidence of the kinds of joyful moments you shared. Loving family fellowship with our kids and grandkids like we do, Diane and I are so happy for you guys. But we also know that sort of deflated feeling in the house when they leave, but love allows no less. We're grateful, though, as I''m sure you are, that the anticipation of other visits to come reinforced with the memories that every visit leaves behind, soon lifts our spirit and moves our minds toward the next time we get to see them. All in all, great job again, dear friend, and thanks for the smiles.
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased to know that Diane and you enjoyed this post and all the joyful moments and memories it contains. You certainly can identify with those special visits with your own children and grandchildren; there is that sense of deflation when they depart from us. But we are already looking forward to their next visit, hopefully over Thanksgiving or Christmas break, and will keep in touch with FaceTime calls until that can come to pass. Love will find a way!
DeleteBlessings!
You can't beat a great time with a visit from the family, it is priceless. Nice photos to add to more nice memories. Time passes way too fast when we visit family, so glad you all had a special time to share.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, Bill we had the best of times together and those visits are priceless, indeed! Sometimes, I find myself wishing that I could slow those moments down to a trickle so that time would not pass so quickly, but I know that's impossible. I'll just savor the memory of these times.
DeleteBlessings!
It sounds perfect. What a nice visit you had. I love all of the photos.
ReplyDeleteNothing is perfect, Debby, but these shared times came as close to that as we could imagine. So glad you loved the photos, too. I wish I had taken more, but getting caught up in the moment is sometimes the right thing to do.
DeleteBlessings!
Those visit of our adult children and their children are the most precious things we do and they can do for us. I am usually depressed for three days after they leave, then life must go on not only for our sake but for those too. We live across the driveway from our daughter now so everyday we get that touch of her in our lives. Our son and family live in Texas and we usually visit once a year and sometimes they visit us too, but a week is too short, wished they lived next door to us. His children are very affectionate like him and lavish us with hugs, feels so good. Is there ever an issue being all together, has been a few but we are such an open family it usually gets flushed out. Our daughter and son are very close and will call and help each other. And even though our son lives a three day drive for us he will hop on a plane to be with us which he did about two months ago at a mini get together of my husband family. Pure heaven. I know many do not have a good relationship with family and my heart goes out to them for they are such a refresher for the soul. Blessing Martha
ReplyDeleteI'm delighted to know that your family shares tight bonds with one another, Betty. There's nothing like it, I agree! My son is now living not far from us, but Sarah and John are in North Carolina, so visiting with us takes quite a bit of planning for them. I got so spoiled when they lived not far from us and we could see them for holidays and babysit for the grand-girls when needed. Plus, we enjoyed having them at the house just for the fun of it.
DeleteBlessings!
Family times are the best! B Blessed Martha!
ReplyDeleteThey certainly are, Mike, and we enjoyed every moment together. Too brief, but gratitude for what we had is what makes it forever memorable.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I could feel the joy and love woven through every detail --from Danny’s delicious meals to the laughter around backgammon.
ReplyDeleteI’m sure those memories will stay with them for years.
Family visits always seem to fly by too quickly, but the blessings of togetherness linger long after.
Blessings, Martha!
I'm so glad to know that all those feelings we shared as a family resonated in just that way as you read this post, Veronica. You are absolutely right! Yes, the time did fly by, but the memories will last a lifetime.
DeleteBlessings!
Celebrating all three granddaughters' birthdays at once with those balloon headers and unexpected gifts was such a brilliant, loving idea. It is so wonderful that Uncle Daniel and Uncle Nicco could join in on the spoiling, too! Watching Virginia light up over her new sketching satchel and seeing little Alexandra tackle the complexities of backgammon between bouts of peak silliness are the exact kinds of memories that make the limited space and full house completely worth it.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Melody, for your kind and gracious comments here. Such a marvelous time was had by all, and we wish we could start all over again. The memories, for now, will have to do.
DeleteBlessings!
Oh how wonderful that you could be with your family. So glad it was enjoyed by each one. God is good to allow you that special time. Hope you made many wonderful memories. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteWe certainly made some wonderful memories, Debbie. God was gracious in giving us this special time together.
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde minha querida irmã Martha. Só passando, para lhe desejar uma excelente sexta-feira, para você e seus familiares na Geórgia. Grande abraço do seu irmão e Evangelista João Luiz.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Luiz!
DeleteBlessings!
What joy it is to read this and see the photos. I can remember - way ago when the oldest was tiny and you shared pictures. WOW have they grown. You are blessed indeed, my friend!!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, Jean, they have grown, indeed! I can't believe that Virginia will be turning 16 in July. It seems like only yesterday when I was strapping her in her car seat and bringing her to our house to spend the weekend. Those days were so precious, but so are these now. We made great memories together.
DeleteBlessings!
Thanks for sharing your happy summer with us. Hi sweetie!
ReplyDeleteYou are so welcome, Cloudia, and I'm so glad you enjoyed this post about our much-anticipated family gathering. We loved every moment, as I'm sure you can tell.
DeleteBlessings!
Dear Martha....this post blesses my heart and I certainly know it blesses you and Danny. Your words speak volumes, and it's easy to see the love, and joy throughout your post. What a gift it is to share these treasured moments with us and for us to see the love of family reflected so clearly in your words..
ReplyDeleteThank you, Shug, for your kind and most thoughtful observation of our family gathering. I'm so glad that my words could even begin to reflect the joy we shared together. Yes, we are so grateful for the days we got to share with one another and are already looking forward to the next visit, possibly over Thanksgiving or Christmas.
DeleteBlessings!
Bom dia, Martha
ReplyDeleteA família é um presente de Deus. Que bênção esses momentos que vocês passaram juntos! Aproveitar as oportunidades é muito precioso. Você tem uma linda família. Que o Senhor os abençoe sempre! Um forte abraço.
Absolutely, Lucinalva! Family is a gift from God and we should always cherish those moments we can spend together. We certainly did!
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde minha querida irmã Martha. Azul também é a minha cor favorita. Estou com um short azul e tenho vários camisas sociais azuis, para ir a Igreja. Uma excelente tarde de sábado, bom final de semana e um grande abraço do seu irmão carioca.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me know that blue is your favorite color, too, Luiz. May you have an enjoyable weekend, too.
DeleteBlessings!
What a fun visit! I'm so glad you are able to have that sweet time with family. So meaningful.
ReplyDeleteWe had a fantastic time together, Lisa, even though the days flew by.
DeleteBlessings!
You are blessed in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings
Yes, indeed I am, Jim, and I'm so grateful to the Lord for my family.
DeleteBlessings!
I've enjoyed this post and the family fun! It's nice to 'meet' you too! Enjoy your weekend....keep those fans flying! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by, Diane! Yes, we had a wonderful week with our family. I just wish they could have stayed longer, but we make the most of the time we have always.
DeleteBlessings!