Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Danny and I spend the bulk of last Friday afternoon figuring out and implementing Feedly on my laptop. Why? Most of you here on Blogger know that our reading list simply up and quit working without warning earlier in the week. Fortunately, this hasn't affected my blogging friends who use Wordpress, but without being able to see so many dear friends on Blogger, I am truly feeling your absence and the comfort your words always give me.
So far, posting blogs and answering comments have not posed a problem (knock on wood). The issue is with those Blogger members who don't regularly comment on my weekly blog. If you're suddenly NOT receiving comments on your posts from me, it's because I don't have a photographic memory and can't recall your websites. You can help me, though, by emailing your web address to me at marthaorlando@gmail.com, or simply by leaving a comment here that contains your name as it appears on the address. Either way, that should work.
I'm usually pretty quick in responding to comments, but we have an unusually busy week ahead, so I could fall behind just a bit. I hope and pray that I'll hear from each and every one of you sometime during this week or next. Until then, know that I miss you all greatly and I can't wait to reconnect with you on my Feedly account!
Amen!

Blogger is definitely messed up. Took me two times to comment. I believe you will like Feedly. I have used it for several years.
ReplyDeleteI think I have it working right, Bill, but it's going to take me a while to get used to it. Thanks for the support.
DeleteBlessings!
I don't know how to do the Feedly thing. I need to figure it out. But you could go to the pictures of your followers and click on them and find their blogs that way. I have a list of the blogs that I follow on my page, and I have to go to that and click on the title of the blog and look for the most recent post. It is more time consuming, but at least it works. I am way behind in reading too. This is just very frustrating to have this not working. I'm glad you found a solution!! Take care and God bless you always and every day!!
ReplyDeleteI still think there may be some issues, Pamela, but I think it's working overall. Truly, I just wish Blogger would get on the ball and fix their reading lists. Thanks for sharing what you do to keep up with your readers.
DeleteBlessings!
I use Feedly and Blogger, too, and I've noticed that a few (maybe four or five) feeds have dropped from Feedly. I think this is somehow tied to changes Google made. On the bright side, the fix I made on Blogger, a change in cookie permission, now seems to have fixed the photo upload problem that suddenly developed. One serious problem is that when Google makes technical changes. it doesn't tell you. You get to find out on your own.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were able to fix the photo problems, Glynn. Feedly seems to be working for me, but I'm not sure if I'm getting notifications of new posts like I did on Blogger's reading list. I've been gone all morning, so will have to check once I finish here.
DeleteBlessings!
Hi there! I have had Feedly for some time after Terri D recommended it to me. It does take a little time to get it set up, but it's worked well for me. The hardest thing was getting everyones blog address.
ReplyDeleteI hope it works well for you!
I did get you on Feedly, Mari, and I'm also grateful to Terri for her encouragement in trying it out. I sure hope I'll hear from others who I need to add to my friends' list.
DeleteBlessings!
Christine Https://cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI've added you, Christine.
DeleteBlessings!
Best wishes to you and Danny. You can find me in the UK - a small island north of Europe.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
LOL, Victor! Yes, I already have you on Feedly.
DeleteBlessings!
You know your bible verse - and this is my memory - was similar to the one they read at the kids wedding. Together as two as one, they were stronger than two stands. Something like that.
ReplyDeleteI have used Feedly for years. Something you can do - when you have time - go back to some of your old blogs, and you can pick up the addresses there I believe....
I believe it was Pamela who suggested something like that, Sandie. It is time consuming to have to do so much back-tracking, but it will be worth it once I get it done.
DeleteBlessings!
I hope Feedly works well for you!! I've been using it for years and years. there is a learning curve, but it's pretty easy once you get into it. Hope your busy week goes well!! xo
ReplyDeleteThere is a learning curve, Terri, that's for sure, and there are some features I'm not crazy about, but overall, it's working just fine. Thanks so much for being the first to mention this option to me.
DeleteBlessings!
Ginny here at ginny-letyourlightshine.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI did get you listed on Feedly, Ginny, and have been leaving you comments on your blog.
DeleteBlessings!
You are such a wonderful friend and word of encouragement to all of us!! Blessings!!!
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate your kind words here, Deb. You are an amazing friend and encourager, too!
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde minha querida irmã Martha. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Esse texto de Eclesiaste é muito lindo. Realmente o blogspot, tem.tudo muitos problemas e acho que algumas atualizações só pioraram. Uma excelente tarde de terça-feira, para a irmã e todos os seus familiares na Geórgia, um grande abraço do seu irmão carioca e em Cristo Jesus Evangelista João Luiz.
ReplyDeleteAnd they've done nothing that I see to fix it, Luiz. I do have you on Feedly, though. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteBlessings!
I don't use Reader and have never heard of Feedy, I have Follow It and I get many posts emailed to me from my Wordpress blog
ReplyDeleteI already have you on the Feedly list, Jo-Anne; that's why you're seeing comments on your blog from me. Yes, many friends of mine use Wordpress, too.
DeleteBlessings!
I’m so sorry, Martha. Technology glitches are so time-consuming and frustrating. Praying yours resolve soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a mess this has been, Diana, but the Feedly is working out okay for me. Of course, since you use Wordpress, you're not adversely affected by Blogger's mistakes.
DeleteBlessings!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 has long been one of my favorite verses. In fact, I shared it (from Max Lucado's July 11 devotional) with my son and DIL on their anniversary.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you and Danny are now part of the Feedly community!
Yes, that verse is a favorite of mine, too, Myra. Feedly seems to be working okay for me now, but it did take a few days for me to get used to how it functions. I guess old dogs can learn new tricks!
DeleteBlessings!
Oh Martha the issue I am having is when I now read the Blogger blogs, I have to take the link to the blog to comment and I keep forgetting to do that, so when I come back to the reader, and since I already read it I have to find it again. Its like twice the work! Never mind if that didn't make sense. ☺️
ReplyDeleteThat just sounds like a pain and a waste of time, Debby! So sorry you're having extra problems simply trying to keep up with blogging friends. It shouldn't be like that.
DeleteBlessings!
Oh I'm sorry to hear of this technological nightmare, Martha. I hear your frustration and remember it well from my Blogger days. It was one of the biggest reasons I headed over to Substack. I've never regreted the move and have yet to worry about anything technological.
ReplyDeleteSending up a little pray right now for discernment, calmness, and a clear mind as you navigate forward.
Thanks for your words of empathy, Linda. They are much appreciated! I've considered switching to Wordpress, but I'm concerned that I will lose content that I've saved on Blogger. Maybe, that's not the case? Thanks so much for your prayers, my friend.
DeleteBlessings!
Obviously, I'm not as prompt as you are in responding to you, Martha, but I keep hoping I'll get better. I do appreciate how you let your faithful tribe know what's going on, and we'll adjust as necessary to keep in touch as you share your insights and experiences. And like everyone else, Diane and I hope your busier than usual week goes more smoothly than you might have thought it would.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a bit busier than I'd prefer, Ron, I must admit, but I'm doing my best to roll with the punches. Feedly seems to be working okay, but I do hope Blogger will get its mind back at some point.
DeleteBlessings!
Hey Martha, I hope you have this issue resolved for the most part. Technology problems, especially with our blogs, are particularly frustrating, aren't they? God bless.
ReplyDeleteYes, Karen, extremely frustrating! I'm so glad I can stay in touch with you since your blog is sent directly to my email. That's the best way to go!
DeleteBlessings!
Hi dear Martha, I am glad you are using an alternative to follow the blogs that you wish to. For myself, it is so important to keep in touch and to encourage others, which is why I began my blog in the first place.
ReplyDeleteSince the Blogger news reader had been dead for over a week now, I am very grateful that there are free alternatives! I am using The Old Reader now. It is working quite well for me, similar to Feedly, I just find The Old Reader more user friendly...for myself, anyway.
Sending you much love and hugs, dear friend. God bless you and Danny.
Yes, Linda, it's discouraging that Blogger cares so little for its content creators that they won't make the effort to correct this issue. I am finding Feedly to be a bit problematic in that I'm not sure I'm seeing everyone's latest post in a timely fashion, but that's probably my having to get used to a new platform.
DeleteBlessings!
I'm sorry you're having trouble with Blogger, Martha. For some reason, your last couple of posts ended up in my junk folder, and that hasn't happened before. Is Feedly easy to set up? Is it secure? Are you liking it so far? All the best to you, my friend, in figuring things out!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that, Trudy, but I'm glad you found my blogs. I'm beginning to think that Blogger is a piece of junk - LOL! It's been a change for me, but with Danny's help, we did figure it out pretty well. Going to different source outside of Blogger is not as convenient, but it will have to do for now.
DeleteBlessings!
Hi Martha, I just sent my blog address to your email addy. Hope everything works out. It's a real pain but fortunately there are alternative ways to get what you need.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and Danny,
Yes, Bill, I got it and thank you! I would have hated to lose touch.
DeleteBlessings!
Oh, Lord have mercy. Baby boomer here is lost in space. No tech expertise whatsoever. I've never even heard of feedly. Is this another blog platform? I may have to start a Substack blog. Lead and guide me, Lord Jesus.
ReplyDeleteFeedly isn't a blog platform, Debra, but can be used to read articles from different sources. I've made folders for each person that I follow if they're a regular commenter here. There are some whom I enjoy reading, but I don't yet have them switched over, and that's the whole purpose for this post. Hoping I'll get some bites!
DeleteYes, being a Baby Boomer in this age of AI is no walk in the park.
Blessings!
Never mind. At first I didn't see my comment, now I do.
DeleteNo problem!
DeleteThese blogger websites are wonderful when they work, so frustrating when they don't! I sure hope your issue is resolved, and your friends help you out in the meantime with their email addresses. (Glad that Wordpress is still working!)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Wordpress is working, too, Nancy! I'm considering a possible switch if things with Blogger get any worse. We will see!
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde, Martha
ReplyDeleteLindos versículos de Eclesiastes. Espero que você resolva os problemas no blog. Um forte abraço.
It has finally resolved itself, Lucinalva, and I'm so grateful for that.
DeleteBlessings!
Blogger has been testing us of late. Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing issues.
ReplyDeleteOh, no, you aren't alone, Barbara. Now, as I answer your comment, I'm realizing that yours and several others didn't show up until Friday although they were penned on Wednesday. Go figure!
DeleteBlessings!
I think so many of us are having such issues...I know that each time I would open my list it would show that no one had blogged in 5 or 6 days...I thought this was very strange. I clicked on the blogs themselves and to my surprise, you all had been blogging. I missed commenting on so many wonderful post. I don't know anything about feedly and I am not so tech savvy, so I'm afraid to try something new..
ReplyDeleteSince Blogger is finally working again, maybe you won't have to, Shug. I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you sooner, but your comment just showed up this morning. Another glitch? Anyway, so glad to hear from you.
DeleteBlessings!
Dear Martha, I do believe that Google is working on the news feed because I saw a movement today. However, this issue is more complicated and technical than the previous issues, which is why it is taking much longer.
ReplyDeleteAnd as far as Feedly, following by email and The Old Reader go, they all work the same way in relying on the RSS feed, so it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to a day before you will see a new blog post.
Still, it is better than not seeing a post at all.
I feel and from what I have seen is that Google DOES care. After all, they did fix the issues with commenting in less than two days.
I just think that this news reader issue is deeper and more complicated.
Of course I am looking at this from a positive perspective, but the thing is, we can still read one another's blogs and comment, and thankfully we have other free methods for being alerted of new posts.
DeleteHi Martha, one last thing is that the news reader doesn't pose a threat to our security (as in computer) and Google has been working on security issues which is more important than this.
DeleteSo in light of everything I do believe that Google cares. Some may think otherwise, but after all, they did fix other issues including the commenting, so I give them the benefit of the doubt and applaud 👏 and thank them for fixing the commenting issues as quickly as they did.
Google, thank you so 😊 much 💖 for the work you are doing on the news reader. I really appreciate 🙏 it. I am seeing you activity in it now. Everyone, please be patient. I am very grateful.
DeleteOh, wow, Linda, that's great news! I'll check it out.
DeleteWhat a beautiful reminder of Ecclesiastes -- friends really do lift us up. I’m glad Feedly is helping bridge the gap until things smooth out. Sending hugs and blessings!
ReplyDeleteWe certainly do need our friends, Veronica. They are such a sweet gift from God.
DeleteBlessings!
thanks for your sharing
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome. Blessings!
DeleteI know the feeling. Things have been on overdrive here of late. I struggle just to find the time and inspiration to write the post. I am glad your have Feedly to back you up.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings prayers
I'm so grateful to have Feedly, too, Jim. I hate that life has been in overdrive for you, too. Hope things calm down soon.
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde minha querida irmã Martha. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Passando, para lhe desejar uma excelente tarde de quinta-feira, para a irmã e todos os seus familiares na Geórgia e um grande abraço do seu irmão em Jesus Cristo, Evangelista João Luiz.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful day, too, Luiz.
DeleteBlessings!
Tech issues are the worse! so frustrating. The lesson is frequent breaks while you try to solve the problem, asking for help and keep trying. Not easy though. Kinda like life....lol
ReplyDeleteThey certainly are, Jean. It seems that Blogger has gotten its brain back for the time being, and that's a good thing, for sure. I'm glad to have Feedly as a backup.
DeleteBlessings!
I will continue to check on you. Any computer problem that I have now is referred to our son in law Brian who presses a button or two and life is good again.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great to have someone in the family that can help us with tech issues, Susan? I know you must be grateful for Brian. Danny can almost always figure things out, too, but getting on Feedly was a learning curve for both of us.
DeleteBlessings!
No worries, Martha, all is good. Wishing you a beautiful Saturday.
ReplyDeleteWishing you the same, Linda.
DeleteBlessings!
Boa tarde irmã Martha. O Brasil tem muitos artistas talentosos. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Desejo uma excelente tarde de sábado, bom final de semana para a irmã e todos os seus familiares na Geórgia e um grande abraço do seu irmão em Cristo Jesus Evangelista João Luiz.
ReplyDeleteYou can say that again, Luiz! The diversity of talent is impressive, indeed.
DeleteBlessings!
With so many complaints on the Google Blogger community, I think they fixed it for now, but it feels like this same issue has been dragging on for years without a permanent solution.
ReplyDeleteI think they have fixed the problem, too, Dida. Hoping it stays that way!
DeleteBlessings!
Bom dia minha querida irmã Martha. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. O Brasil tem muitos artistas talentosos. Uma excelente manhã de segunda-feira, para todos os seus familiares na Geórgia, e um grande abraço do seu irmão em Cristo Jesus Evangelista João Luiz.
ReplyDeleteThey sure do, Luiz. I'm so impressed!
DeleteBlessings!
Oh Martha the technology can be so challenging. I generally visit you each week so hopefully you can add me to your Feedly feed. Thanks always for your lovely visits. God Bless
ReplyDeleteGuess what? Reader is working again, Debbie, so I might not have to add you to Feedly right away! If I do, I certainly will. I enjoy visiting your blog, too.
DeleteBlessings!
Love you friend
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Love right back at you, Regine!
DeleteBlessings!
Its so frustrating to be having problems with tech things. I am a fish out of water when it comes to knowing how to fix anything that needs a tech mind. Thank God my husband can usually fix thing I mess up or things the internet mess up. Sounds like you are back up and running. I have missed reading your posts since I step out for a while due to my health. it's my body and mind that sometimes do not function well but God keeps bringing me through each time..Blessings
ReplyDelete