Friday, January 19, 2018

We Can Work Wonders


Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.  ~C. S. Lewis

Our home, which I affectionately call "Little House in the Big Woods," tends to be rather dark.  This is especially true in summer when the trees are fully leafed, shading us from the heat and light of the sun.  That being said, it's rare for my husband, Danny, and I not to have lights on during the day, especially in the area where our computers are.

Even when the lights are on, however, seeing into our cupboards, especially on gloomy days, becomes downright frustrating.  I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've had to fetch a flashlight to find the object I'm seeking in a cabinet or under the sink.

Finally, as fed up as I, Danny decides to do something about it.  He searches online for small, rechargeable, LED lights with motion sensors that he can install in some of the darker recesses in our kitchen and bathroom.  Aren't these cute little guys?


And what an incredible difference they make!







Best of all, because they are motion sensitive, the lights stay on only while you are rummaging around, turning themselves off when activity ceases.  As Danny loves to save on energy costs, this works perfectly for us.

These lights may be small, but they work wonders.

We, too, may be small, but when we welcome Jesus, the Light of the World, into our lives, we can shine His bright and marvelous light into this dark and fallen world.  A world in desperate need of God's forgiveness, love, redemption, and grace.

We can, with God's help, work wonders.

Amen!

20 comments:

  1. Martha, I love these little lights! I'm going to check into getting some. Lately, me adult son, Chad stops by before heading to work. When I told him goodbye this morning, I naturally said what he grew up hearing when I dropped him and his siblings off at school, "let your light shine!"
    This morning he turned and smiled. "You too, Mom."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Let your light shine." I love that, Beckie, and I seem to recall reading this in one of your blogs a while back. What a great way to send children off to school, and adult children off to work!
      You will love these lights, guaranteed.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  2. Practical AND inspirational! I'm getting some of these lights for my dark corners. Ha, that could be literal and metaphorical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfectly said, Galen! We all have those "dark corners" that could stand a bit more light, don't we? Wish I'd seen that analogy. Just love it!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  3. Great Lights...Love these...and yes, we need to brighten the corners where we are... I have similar issues in my house, and I may check into these lights. Thank you for sharing this with us...all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, it's been so wonderful to get the dark corners in our home illuminated at last. And I love what Galen inferred above - that we make sure we are letting Jesus shine in the dark recesses of our souls that we might shine His light even brighter. Let me know if you order these lights!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea and I love the analogy too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that, Deb. Thank you!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  5. I love how you see the hand of God and lessons from Him in all facets of your life.
    That is a gift, sister!

    And yeah, those lights are cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is a gift I thank God for every day, Floyd. You certainly have that gift, too!
      Very, very cool lights. :)
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  6. even if you are small, you can work wonders. What a delightful lesson. I love this and may use it as a children's message. Thank you and thank Danny for helping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Jean, I'm so excited to know this inspired you for a children's lesson at church! Yes, the little ones need to know that the size of their stature doesn't matter when they have Jesus' love in their hearts.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  7. Martha, those little lights are cute and provide some good light in those dark areas. Like others have stated, I like your analogy to how we're to shine our light to brighten the darkness around us. It's truly amazing how even one small light can make a huge difference!

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, Kim, one small light can be amazingly effective. May we all let our light shine for the Lord!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  8. Wow ... your under the sink is very neat. We have so many things under our sink there is no room to put the lights. So we took everything out to put the lights but now the kitchen is so full of things from under the sink we cannot get into the kitchen to get under the sink. So we moved everything to another room to get into the kitchen and under the sink which now has nothing under it because everything from under it is now in another room instead. So we now have to take the lights from under the sink and put them in the other room where everything from under the sink has been moved.

    You really created a lot of work in our home with your post today, Martha. But I like your post very much. Thank you for the good lesson therein.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you created a lot of laughter here, Victor! Thanks so much for finding the humor in everything. It's certainly a way to brighten (pun intended) everyone's day!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  9. Those are awesome! I have some, but NOT motion sensitive! Will look for those on line!

    GREAT ANALOGY!
    Blessings, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are working so well for us, Lulu. Do hope you will try them out.
      Glad you liked the analogy!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  10. Hi Martha! My husband calls those 'puck lights'. I guess because they are in hockey puck shapes? I like them for closets, but like Lulu, mine aren't motion sensitive. Looks like you picked a winner!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ceil, that's exactly what Danny calls them, too! I think they are absolute winners.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...