Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"He's Got the Whole World in His Hands . . ."

Psalm 109:27
Let them know that it is your hand, that you, Lord, have done it.


One summer, I decide it's time.  High time.

No excuses.  No stalling.  No doubts.

The novel which has rolled around in my head for years begs to be written.

Now!

I begin.  Stick with it.  Do not entertain the notion of writer's block.  No way!

And, as the blank pages fill with words and more words, I am elated.  Encouraged.  Determined to keep on going.

Because, I know, one short week into the writing process, I'm not going it alone.

I begin to notice . . .

Where did that word come from?  This idea?  What an unexpected twist in plot!  In characters!  This is so much better than I ever imagined . . .

And, I realize these never before thought of inspirations are coming from God through His Holy Spirit.

So much so, that before I begin each writing day, I sit in silence then ask in prayer, "What would You have me write today, Lord?"

A moment's pause.  And, we're off to the races!

From time to time, I share the progress of the novel on Facebook.  One exchange goes like this:

Me:  Chapter 25 in the can!

Friend:  Wow!  You're making progress!

Me:  God is so inspiring me.  It's all His doing.

Other Friend:  Give yourself some credit.

She doesn't understand . . .

The only thing I can take credit for is saying "yes" to His call to write.  "Yes" to telling the story He wants me to tell.

And, thank Him for the gifts with which He has seen fit to grace me.

All is in His hands.

He has done it.
~
When have you felt God has inspired your creativity?

Please join me in prayer:
Thank You, Father, for creating us in Your image and for giving us the gift of creativity.  May we always remember that every good gift comes from You.  Let us use our talents to Your honor and glory.  Amen.

Readings
Psalms 101, 109:1-4 (5-19) 20-30 or 119:121-144
Isaiah 4:2-6
Ephesians 4:1-16
Matthew 8:28-34  

 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Martha:
    And, I realize these never before thought of inspirations are coming from God through His Holy Spirit.
    Goosebumps...
    ...WOW! That's EXACTLY how I feel when writing. When my blog took a turn about three months into it, I understood that it was HE who determined where I should be going.

    I don't have writer's block anymore. Not with the inspiration I receive on a daily basis. I can only believe that that my gift came from HIM and as with all gifts, I need to share it.

    It's amazing what you can see when you remove your spiritual blinders, isn't it, Martha?
    --
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, YOU are giving me goosebumps!!!
      We are on such similar paths in life and in our writing - soul buddies, for sure!
      And, removing those spiritual blinders is the key to living a fulfilling, abundant life here on earth.
      Thanks so much for stopping by, Chris!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. That's how I feel, too! Sometimes, like yesterday, I sit down to write a post, and I really don't have a clear idea. Yesterday, the Shel Silverstein poem was in my mind, so I started with that. I was completely surprised when it somehow linked to a magazine article I read about the "multiverse." I know that when I try to control things myself with my ego, it never works. When I get myself out of the way, the divine wisdom and love have room to fill me up. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Galen!
      Oh, yes! How our egos so stand in the way of our creativity. Let them go and let it flow!
      And, your blog yesterday was inspiring. Just loved it!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. "When have you felt God has inspired your creativity?"
    I don't know if it can be called creativity, but it's purely God's inspiration. I feel it in the words I say to comfort a friend who is hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting, Nikky!
      It is wonderful, isn't it, when He gives us just the right words to say to make someone feel better? That's a tremendous gift!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. YEY! Congratulations Martha! I admire people who write under obedience :P

    I also got to finish the book my sister lent me and it's about faith. It says one will know if the nudge comes from the Spirit if God fills your heart with peace. I could sense so much happiness in you and I'm very proud of you.

    Always for God's greater glory :) I pray with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! That is an unmistakable nudge! And, it does bring us such a sense of peace in knowing we are following God's will for our lives.
      So happy you are praying with me. To Him, always the glory!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. I feel God, at times depending on what I'm writing, definitely inspires me. He is the source of energy, of creativity, within that tugs me to get out my paper and pen or open my laptop and start filling the page with sometimes unexpected revelations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Jessica!
      He is definitely the source of our creative juices. And, aren't those unexpected revelations just grand?
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. pretty amazing to think God has a plan for each one of us...and He will reveal it if we pay attention..just think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping in today, Annmarie!
      It IS an amazing thing that He has a marvelous plan for us all. But, it's up to us, as always, to pay attention to it.
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  7. I think God is there every step of the way when I try anything creative. I never thought I could write till last year. But as I took pen and paper, I knew some power urged me to write. Sometimes when I look back at some of my poems it is hard to believe I could write something like that. Where did that inspiration come but from God? He helped me heal with my words. I have come a long way and expressing myself through poetry has set me free in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting, Rimly!
      Oh, I love your story here of how God guided you in your writing and the healing that happened because of this. He will always put us on the right path when we let Him, won't he?
      And, your poetry is ever so expressive and moving. I love reading your poems!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...