Wednesday, May 9, 2012

" . . . I Say a Little Prayer for You . . ."

1 Thessalonians 5:25
Brothers and sisters, pray for us.

When I open my Facebook page several weeks ago, I notice I have a private message.  It is from a dear friend who writes, "Martha, just want you to know I've been thinking about you and praying for you this afternoon."

Wow!  Praying for me?  I am so deeply touched.

And, I let my friend know how much I appreciate her prayers.  How blessed I am to have her in my life.

To have her praying for me when I haven't even asked.

Because, while many of us are eager to pray for others, we sometimes find it difficult to ask others to pray for us.

When we're hurting.  When in the midst of trials and troubles.

When we need prayer the most . . .

Perhaps, you are one of those people.  You go to God in prayer for help all by yourself.

Yet, there are clouds of witnesses, all your friends and family, who could be joining in praying with you.  Lifting you up to the Lord in a mighty way.

Surrounding you with love.  And, hope.  And, comfort.

I will always remember a tragic time in my life.  A time when I hurt more than ever before or since.

I know there are literally hundreds if not thousands praying for me.

I feel it.  Strongly.  Dynamically.

And, because of them, I survive the dark night of the soul.

Learn, up close and personal, the mighty power of prayer.
~
Will you ask someone to pray for you today?

Will you join me in this prayer?
Let us follow St. Paul's example, Father, and not hesitate to as others to pray for us when we need it.  May we, too, remember before You in prayer all who need Your comfort, Your strength, and Your guidance.  Amen.
  
Readings
Psalms 72 or 119:73-96
Leviticus 19:1-18
1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
Matthew 6:19-24  

14 comments:

  1. I agree it is actually very difficult- but I promise I will surely try doing this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by today, Privy!
      I'm glad you are going to ask someone to pray for you. It isn't the easiest thing to do, but it can make such a difference in your day knowing someone is lifting you up.
      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. What a thoughtful friend. So nice of her to think of you. It's nice to have friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Myrna, she is such a blessing to me. :)
      Thanks so much for stopping by today.
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. I know people are praying for me when I feel lighter facing my daily tasks. My SD encouraged that we find prayer partners. I'm sure I've found one in you and I am very grateful :*

    I've been writing a similar entry in my diary these past few days. I've shared several things with you that has happened in just a week. But yesterday, I felt God's touch and I knew it was what I've been waiting for...

    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. Sometimes, we're even awkward to say that we care and can't do much. But just thinking of a person and praying for him/her is already s great help. You have entrusted him/her to the Lord's care because we're so little to rely on our resources.

    I sing this song with you with great trust in the Lord. Let our prayers be hymns of love.

    Edifying post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that our prayers would be hymns of love, Melissa - so beautifully said!
      Praying makes such a huge difference in our lives and I love being your partner in this. What a joy and privilege!
      And, that you actually felt God's touch - wow! There is nothing to compare . . .
      Thank you, my friend, for your visit and your wonderful comment.
      Blessings always!

      Delete
  4. I am sure you were taken by surprise and touched by this friend. Prayers have such healing powers. I know I have many close one who pray for me as I do for them. If it wasnt for prayers Martha, I would be still drowning in my misery and despair. And thanks to so many who were there during my time of need ans well as now, still praying for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, Rimly - the power of prayer is absolutely awesome! And, I was so pleased and amazed that this friend was/is praying for me as I am praying for her and you and all my Blogplicity friends.
      Thanks so much for coming by!
      Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Martha for this post. It is so important to have friends praying for us. I sometimes do ask my friends for prayers because I can't pray for myself. I can't ask for myself, whereas I always pray for others. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikky, I'm glad to know you have no problem asking others to pray for you. That's great!
      But, don't be afraid to pray for yourself - God is listening. :)
      Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Blessings!

      Delete
  6. What a sweet and thoughtful friend, Martha. I think prayer is one of the best gifts one can give another person. So if a person tells me that s/he is praying for me, that would definitely mean a lot to me. More blessings to your friend, and to you, Martha. <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Prayers, like smiles, are some of the best gifts we can give to others and neither cost us a thing! :) I am, indeed, very thankful for this friend.
      Thanks, Irene, for stopping by!
      Blessings!

      Delete
  7. I can always feel when I'm being prayed over and it is a wonderful feeling. We don't walk alone so we shouldn't pray alone only for ourselves. Nice to know you are thought of in prayer by close friends Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tameka, you are definitely right - we can and do feel the prayers of others. They are integral to our spiritual life and growth. I just now lifted you up to Him, my friend!
      Thanks so much for visiting!
      Blessings!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...