Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fearfully, Wonderfully Made!













Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

By the time you read this devotion, my family will have celebrated the first birthday of my granddaughter, Virginia Rose. How time has flown since that thrilling morning, July 21, 2010, when she arrived into the world! Just moments after she was born, my husband and I were able to see her; I marveled at her perfection from the top of her smooth, rounded head to the very tips of her tiny fingers and toes. Indeed, she was fearfully and wonderfully made and I knew as I gazed at her in awe and with thanksgiving, that I was a witness to God's miraculous handiwork.

Every day of what I call my "Gammie Time" since then has been replete with joy and amazement as I've watched Virginia Rose change from infant to almost-toddler over the course of this year. Alert and aware from the get-go, her learning about the world around her has grown exponentially. She has a happy disposition and loves people and the attention they give her; her most endearing habit is waving and smiling at anyone she sees! Needless to say, my daughter and son-in-law can't get through the grocery store without everyone stopping to wave back and compliment the baby. I pray that Virginia Rose will stay this sweet, this loving, and this friendly through all the years ahead.

Which of God's might and glorious works is wonderful in your life today? I hope it is not just one, but many that leave you awestruck and blessed. Praise Him for miracles, large and small!

Oh, and, Happy Birthday, Virginia Rose! Gammie and Papa love you!

Readings
Psalms 55 or 138, 139:1-17 (18-23)
2 Samuel 1:1-16
Acts 15:23-35
Mark 6:1-13

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday Virginia Rose! What a beautiful granddaughter! This post made me smile...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...