Friday, October 28, 2016

I Lift Up My Eyes


As my husband, Danny, and I have recently returned from a glorious autumn trek to the Great Smoky and Nantahala Mountains, we want to share some of our ventures into God's magnificent creation with you.

I have paired Scripture with some of Danny's outstanding photos.  My prayer is that you will meditate upon God's Word as you experience His glory captured by Danny's artistic eye.

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains - 
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth. ~Psalm 121:1-2








"Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." ~John 7:38













"Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." ~Matthew 6:29









"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven.  He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." ~Matthew 5:44-45











I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way -
a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
"Prepare the way of the Lord,
Make straight paths for him." ~Isaiah 40:3











Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." ~Luke 9:58





And no one pours new wine into old wineskins.  Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. ~Luke 5:37



If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land. ~2 Chronicles 7:14



What Scripture spoke to your heart today?  Which photo was your favorite?  Please share in the comments.

God bless!




10 comments:

  1. These photos are all so outstanding, I don't think I can choose a favorite, but if I did, it would be one of the mountain landscapes toward the top, but I also love the mountain streams and paths...Oh, that is too hard. Love all of them. Yes, your hubby definitely has an artistic eye for photography. Very impressive. The photos look like masterpiece paintings. VEry lovely. Thank you for sharing the verses with them...all so appropriate and meaningful. This was very calming and comforting today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pamela! I'll be sure to tell Danny that you loved his photos. He'll appreciate it even more knowing the compliments come from another outstanding photographer!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Martha, simply beautiful. Do I have to choose a favorite photo? I agree with what Pam wrote about the photos. There are so many Scriptures that are calming--they all seem to refocus us through the power of the Holy Spirit.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Kim, you don't have to choose a favorite. I don't know if I could choose one myself!
      I'm so glad you found the photos and Scriptures calming today. May the Holy Spirit always focus our hearts and minds on God and His glory.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  3. wow just beautiful It is evening here now so slowly enjoying your photos was so relaxing. I feel at peace. Thanks Martha for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, I'm so gratified that these photos brought peace to your heart. They certainly did for me, as did this week away from the hustle and bustle of the every day.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  4. Hi Martha! These photos are bringing tears to my eyes, they are so beautiful. Your time in the mountains must have been just magical.
    My favorite Scripture here is about Solomon in all his glory, because it just fits so well.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved the photos, Ceil. I'll be sure to tell Danny!
      Yes, I thought the Solomon verse fit perfectly, too. There was so much deep, rich color all around us that my eyes actually found it almost painful to look at, if you can believe it!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  5. OMG :) the photo with the blue sky and the winding road shows a divine presence. Beautiful! We have these divine creations and hardly notice but I'm glad both of you do Martha. It's a reminder that God is always with us and has left proof everywhere. The 8th photo up from the bottom, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is ever with us, Vishnu, ever and always! I will recheck the 8th photo from the bottom to see you favorite. Thanks so much for coming by!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...