Thursday, March 15, 2012

Havin' a Great Time! Wish You Were Here . . .

Mark 6:30
The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.


My husband, Danny, doesn't make many business trips, but, when he does, I am not a happy camper.  Because, until just recently, I can never go along.

Working full time and caring for his boys preclude entertaining any idea of accompanying him.  It's not that I mind staying at home and juggling the tasks.

It's that I miss him.  Miss him coming home in the evening after work.  Sitting down with me.  Sharing the news of his day.  Wanting to hear about mine.

Not that, while he is away, Danny doesn't call me or send e-mails.  He does.

But, it's not quite the same . . .

It's bits and pieces and snatches of information.  It's hard for me to connect the dots.  To see the big picture.

And, there's always something I mean to tell him.  And, forget.  Remember when I'm about to go to sleep and it's too late to call.

Oh, how I look forward every moment to the day Danny is home!

And, after what seems like an eternity, when that day arrives, all is well with my soul.

Now, in showing me the many photos he's taken while away and talking about the people and events he's experienced, Danny makes me feel as though I am part of it all.

He's so eager to share and I to listen.  I watch the missing pieces of the story fall into place.  See the picture revealed by connected dots.

So grateful he loves to share.

So grateful to have him home.
~
Do you have someone special with whom you enjoy sharing your day?

Will you pray with me?
Thank You, Father, for always being there to listen to us when we go to You in prayer.  You know all our comings and goings even before we share them with You, but You enjoy hearing them all the same.  To You be all honor and glory.  Amen.

Readings
Psalms (83) 42, 43 or 85, 86
Genesis 46:1-7, 28-34
1 Corinthians 9:1-15
Mark 6:30-46 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Martha:
    I think it's so important to have a friend and/or partner to share your time with. I look forward to the times I get to spend w/a REALLY close friend. We do lunch together as often as time allows and those times are the highlight of my day.

    When we can't meet, my lunches are never the same. I'm sure my friend feels similarly.
    --
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you here, Chris!
      Yes, a special someone in our lives is so important. I'm glad you have the perfect friend with whom you can share your thoughts and feelings.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Of course, I share with my hubby...and now that the kids have grown up I share everything with them, well almost. It was my mom with whom I shared a greater connection and yes, I miss her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you here, Janaki!
      It sounds like you have several meaningful persons in your life with whom you can share. Isn't it wonderful?
      I know you miss your mom . . . I thank God everyday for mine.
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful sharing and caring relationship you have! It does make the difference. I have several close friends that I share with regularly. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Lynne!
      I do feel extremely fortunate to have Danny. So glad there are the special folks in your life with whom you can share.
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. Hello.
    I don't have to travel much with my job, but there are a couple of times a year that I have to be away from home for a week. I know it's compulsory, but I hate it because it means I'm away from my wife. Except when I'm at work, my wife and I are always together. Even on a regular work day, we speak often until I get home. Once I leave work, I have no desire to go anywhere except straight home.

    Life has its ups and downs & I've had my fair share of tribulations too, but the load is always lighter when shared with my wife.
    I'm glad you have that closeness Martha. I really am. Too often in a marriage, people neglect their spouses & although they are married, they still remain very separate.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, Andy!
      Thank you for sharing the wonderful relationship you have with your wife. I like that you have no desire to go anywhere but home after a long day at work!:)
      I do feel sad for those who are married in law, but not in spirit. Life is a long row to hoe without feeling a special closeness in a relationship. I know you and I are blessed with ours!
      Blessings to you and your lovely wife!

      Delete
  5. Oh Martha...I love sharing everything about me to my mom, who is also my best friend. However, only Jesus knows the intricacies of my affairs ;)

    I share most of myself to my diaries too then my little nieces. They seem to make everything so simple and comprehensible :)

    I am a very talkative person and it was my Sam who introduced me to writing my feelings whenever he wasn't around. However, when I feel so lonely, only God could relieve my soul.

    I pray with you. God knows everything about us but He gave us the gift of human expression to fully live and come to know ourselves and other people. I thank God for giving us the blessing and the capacity to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful as always, Melissa, to see you here and to read your lovely comments!
      I'm glad your mom and you are so close, close enough that you consider her to be your best friend. That is such a gift!
      You? Talkative? :) Yes, writing is a tremendous release and relief for the words we long to speak to one we trust, but that person is not around for us to immediately share. Plus, when you write thoughts, you have them forever!
      I, too, thank God for the gift of sharing - for ALL our many and blessed gifts!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
    2. Oh Martha, I came back to read your replies. And I'm grateful for this simple conversations we have through your blog and daily devotions. Thank you for sharing God's Word.

      Delete
    3. I, too, love our conversations, Melissa! I so appreciate your support and your friendship and am so blessed to be able to share God's Word with you and others.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

I Weep

  Jesus wept. ~John 11:35 I weep for hurting souls  Who never saw the coming Of travesty, now mourning The ones who suffered I weep for the ...